ABL’s Engineering Interns are never worried about being integral to the team or having challenging work and opportunities to learn.
They accept being responsible for tasks and accountable to the other engineers and leadership while directly changing access to LEO for small satellites. If being part of a grounded team and taking on roles in the design, development, qualification, build and flight of your hardware sounds interesting, ABL is where you need to be.
Currently enrolled in any engineering discipline or computer science at a four-year accredited university
It is not expected that the candidate has all of the below listed skills and experience, but a subset of them is desirable.
1. Involvement as a member of a student-led extracurricular engineering project, for example:
2. Work experience at university in lab research environment, or through a prior relevant internship
3. GPA of 3.5 or greater
ABL is interested in developing engineering talent and relationships through both internships and co-op rotations.
Beyond technical prowess, ABL focuses on the following candidate characteristics. Tangible examples are the best way to highlight these during the evaluation process.
1. Critical thinking: ABL engineers understand the "why" behind all design decisions, operational events and test outcomes.
2. Ability to deal with ambiguity: there is no roadmap and ABL engineers must be comfortable defining their own pathway to an objective.
3. End-to-end ownership: projects are delivered fully complete and ready for flight; there is no one to pick up the slack of partially complete work.
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
Additionally, ABL is unable to provide employment sponsorship to students on F-1 visa status.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.